Monday, November 17, 2014

Classics: Help is on it's Way

  
Original video located here. Accessed 26th April 2018

Song title: Help is on it's Way

Artist: Little River Band

Year: 1977

Why I like this song:

There was a time, when I was a kid in the early nineties, where I would get on the bus, and they would have early morning radio playing. And the station would ALWAYS play this. 
And in that sense, it grew on me. 
And the years since, I can think of many people who have helped me out in tight situations so in that sense this song hasn't really left. 

Say what you like about the Little River Band but the fact that they were the first Australian act to crack the elusive American market says a lot. A cynic would say they succeeded due to them doing what the Americans were into (the Eagles being one such example) but that will take away just what a cracking song this is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment