Monday, August 17, 2026

This Song Rocks: Your God (Not Mine)

 
Original video located here. Accessed 17th August 2026

Song title: Your God (Not Mine)

Artist: Icehouse

Year: 2006

Why I like this song:

I first heard this song twenty years ago and came away impressed. Looking at it now however, it remains a frustration.
When I say that it is, by no means, a slight against the song - far from it. What it means is that this a glimpse of an album that has been worked on since the early 2000s. And according to Iva, said album is, at time of writing, in a state of unfinished - which in turn, makes the delays garnered by the likes of Guns N' Roses and My Bloody Valentine, seem tame by comparison. 

Grumbling aside, there is still some potential here. It sounds like an extension of what was being done on the Big Wheel album, both in production and bitterness. 
Does this mean Iva churns out great stuff when he's pissed off?

No comments:

Post a Comment