Friday, October 2, 2026

We Are Live: Mystery of the artist explained

 
Original video located here. Accessed 2nd October 2026

Song title: The Mystery Of The Artist Explained

Artist: TISM

Year: 1988

Why I like this song:

Last night I went and saw TISM live.

I was informed prior that TISM are one those bands that deliver live and I was not disappointed. I knew what to expect with the costumes, copious amounts of cursing, crazy stage antics and stage diving - and yet I still came away surprised.

Firstly, I counted five songs from Machiavelli and the Four Seasons which is surprising as seeing that would be their best known album. But then again, the setlist was spread out across several albums. 
Secondly, a lot of the setlist had songs with lot's of swearing - obviously gunning for audience-participation. 
Thirdly, there was one (1) diatribe. Unexpected but clearly TISM know they go over well. 
Fourthly, there were some cursing from the audience and even a wanker chant. 
And finally, the highlight of the show came three quarters of the way through. Throughout the show, there was a structure happening at the back of stage where some big silver beach balls were pulled together. Then, the structure was brought forward and spilled out into the audience, who then spent the final quarter tossing them around. 

Ultimately seeing TISM live has been something that has been nearly three decades in the making. It certainly was a wide show and was never once dull. 
Funny thing, I heard some songs I've never heard before. Seems I may have some exploring to do....

No comments:

Post a Comment